Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day: Palet D'Or

Mother's Day in my family is celebrated by myself and my two siblings making lunch for my mom. My brother makes the starter, my sister the main and, of course, I make the dessert. Now Mother's Day needs to be celebrated properly, with a dessert that shows all the love you have for your mom. This year, my chosen dessert was the Palet D'Or from the Bouchon Bakery book.



I bought the Bouchon Bakery Book a few months ago. I had spent month staring at it online and when I finally took the plunge, it was one of the best baking splurges I've had! It is an amazing book with tons of beautiful pictures, useful tips and delicious recipe's. This cake is the first page that caught my eye: layers of dark chocolate, devil's chocolate cake and chocolate cream covered in a beautiful chocolate glaze.


This cake was not easy to make. It took me about a day and a half. There were numerous kitchen disasters. It turns out my freezer is not big enough to fit a baking tray into. And the ring of a spring form cake tin cannot act as a substitute for a cake ring. Despite all this, I was proud of how it turned out. It also tasted delicious! And most importantly, my mom liked it!


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @LiveDreamBake and on the Live.Dream.Bake Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...