Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Quick and Easy No-Bake Cheesecake

Last week Friday, my boyfriends parents came to our house for dinner. We had a very busy week, so I couldn't prepare any food in advance and needed a quick and easy dessert that I could make on Friday when I got home from work, that didn't need the oven that the roast chicken would be occupying and didn't need to set overnight.



I came across a Martha Stewart no-bake cheesecake a little while ago that I thought would also be perfect for guests who aren't particularly fond of desserts. It was really easy to make and ready in time for me to take some photo's before the guests arrived! An exciting chance to play with my new DSLR (that I haven't quite learnt how to use yet!).



For convenience, I'm including the recipe here using metric units. I also made a few changes.

Martha Stewart No-Bake Cheesecake
2 packets of digestive biscuits
156g butter
454g cream cheese at room temperature
397g condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1tsp vanilla extract

  1. Put digestive biscuits in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form. Otherwise, a food processor or stick blender do the trick as well.
  2. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
  3. Press the crumb mixture into a 23cm springform pan, spreading it 4 to 5 cm up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. 
  5. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
  6. Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
  7. Unclasp sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @LiveDreamBake and on the Live.Dream.Bake Facebook page!


1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous! You really know how to make something look delicious- I want some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...