Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

{Valentine's Day} Macarons with Marshmallow Buttercream Filling

Welcome to the second post of my Valentine's series; last week I shared a recipe for delicious dark chocolate cupcakes with a berry buttercream. This week I decided to take on the dreaded macaron! I have made macarons successfully before, and had a bit less luck this time around. Macarons are known for being particularly finicky little treats. Too much moisture, not enough moisture, oven too hot, oven too cold, overmix batter or undermix batter and these biscuit flop completely. I made a relatively large number of these before I turned out with some that I was willing to photograph.



The key to remember here, is that even the flop ones taste good sandwiched together. Most importantly of all: remember to have fun as you go along!

I used the macaron recipe from Brave Tart; Stella also gives tons of tips about macarons. The marshmallow buttercream is from i am baker. I used both recipes as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...